Wednesday 11 April 2012

It's all in the Timing!

Never mind stocking up on petrol and water - what next, really?!  It's the Easter holidays and I have been ferrying the kids to and fro, buying school shoes and doing a spot of Spring cleaning, gardening, and the like.  My driftwood workshop is currently doubling up as a seedling nursery, until the weather is kind enough to let them move to the greenhouse outside, so I am having to be 'creative' with the space I have left.  I am rapidly running out of space, especially since I've had to 'pot-on' the first batch of seedlings that were rapidly outgrowing their little cells.  My poor stepson's bed is now covered in baby plants - luckily without him in it!  I will have it all fresh and lovely before he next comes to stay...

What has become apparent, with all this re-organising of space, is that I am extremely low on materials and, while there are no immediate workshops in the offing, I do need to build a few stock items for a couple of 'events' I plan to attend - the first of which is in just 2 weeks time.  I am awaiting delivery of some base heart and circle shapes but have little to decorate them with - time is going to be tight and I need to get my skates on collecting, making and creating.  Nothing like a bit of pressure to get one going!

So, having been away last week when the weather was stunning I had planned to take a trip down to the coast one day this week.  Today (this morning at least) is lovely but I have to wait in for a recorded delivery (typical) so I am pinning my hopes on a favourable weather window tomorrow since the forecast into the weekend is not pretty.  Fingers crossed I can replenish my supplies tomorrow when I will be ably assisted by my two girls! 



No comments:

Post a Comment