Sunday 4 November 2012

The Price is Right?

I am delighted to report that today saw my very first sale via my Etsy shop.  Okay it was just a little musical manuscript decoupage heart (just 10cm high) but I have packaged it up lovingly and will be posting it with all the care afforded a baby kitten!


Meanwhile, I paid a visit to Winchester Guildhall yesterday.  We were visiting Winchester anyway and popped in to get a taste of what to expect on 1st and 2nd December when the Winchester Handmade Christmas Fair will be on.  Given that we are only just into November I was staggered at how busy Winchester was.  It was teeming with shoppers and I guess it will just get more and more busy!  Goodo!!!











Consequently I am working hard at trying to complete my hearts and stars.  I have ventured into making key rings too.  All heart-shaped and decoupaged with a variety of patterns and pictures from leftover wrapping paper and old children's books.  They look amazing and I think they will sell well at £3 a pop or 2 for £5.  Pricing is always a tricky task for me.  I have put a lot of time and effort into my creations and am mindful of the fact that I should not UNDER value them, they are genuinely handmade in my home and not mass produced thousands of miles away.  I have personally collected and washed the shells and driftwood that go into making my driftwood products and put them together myself - they are not thrown together by anonymous third parties!  I have therefore priced them as honestly and fairly as I can.  The fact that I enjoy making all these gorgeous things is neither here nor there!

No comments:

Post a Comment