Sunday 2 December 2012

It Seems My Stuff IS a Hit! Yay!

Wow!  What an exhausting but fun-filled and educational weekend.  Any worries I had about this weekend's Winchester Handmade Christmas Fair were dispelled within the first 30 minutes of yesterday morning's trading.  I have actually managed to clear a profit over the last two days and learned a heap of useful hints and tips that aren't available in any magazine articles or online guides.

I was lucky enough to have very entertaining, friendly and experienced stallholders as my immediate neighbours at the fair.  I have learned so much and laughed a great deal.  I will be much better prepared in the future and already have a clearer idea of what will sell and what won't and how to improve my somewhat shoddy organisational skills regarding setting up the stall, managing my float, and packaging up my sold goods. 

I was very surprised at the difference in what sold today (Sunday) and yesterday.  The Saturday and Sunday shopper are not of the same ilk it seems.  Today was so much more relaxed than yesterday and my sales, although good, were not as good as Saturday.  However, the most annoying thing about today (which could explain the lesser sales) was that the cash machines in the High Street ran out of money!  It beggars belief really but, given the state of British banks right now, I guess it should not be too surprising - still extremely frustrating for customers and stallholders alike though!

Cash machine glitches aside, I had a brilliant time.  I was very ably assisted by my eldest (7 year old) daughter yesterday.  She arranged and re-arranged, and replenished stock.  She was ready with the sticky tape when I was wrapping up the sold items and she was an absolute delight for the entire day.  No complaints, apart from a slight 'when does it finish?' at 4 o'clock.  She had been up since 6 in the morning!  What a star!

No comments:

Post a Comment