Sunday 8 September 2013

Just when I thought 'I'd' nailed it...

Phew!  It's been a long old day today.  We were up with the lark and in Bath shortly after 8 o' clock this morning.  By we I mean me and my 2 daughters (Daisy and Grace - 8 and 5 respectively).
 
I had packed the car the day before while my 'helpers' were off swimming with Daddy - lucky things.  I was pretty pleased with myself, I can tell you, since my initial load was a mere four boxes and the trestle table.  Piece of cake...or so I thought!  Hang on a minute!  What about the chairs (I needed 3 this time), the snacks (for me and my helpers), the bag of things to do when we're not selling stuff (which we, hopefully won't need!), the kids' things to sell (old dresses etc) for pocket money, my 'all-important' trolley (it's a lifesaver!), coats, wipes (you never know, but if you don't take them...), the hessian hanging board and the hammer?  These were all unceremoniously chucked in on top of the four, neatly packed, boxes - my smug "organised" self was very swiftly eating humble pie.  I am sure I will get it right one day!
 
Organisation and efficiency aside, we managed to unload the car and set up the stall in plenty of time.  Daisy and Grace were keen to help with the display and worked beautifully together with just the odd bit of input from me.





Lots of lovely comments and lots of people taking leaflets and cards.  I could really have done with more sales and sincerely hope November and December offer a more profitable outcome!  On the plus side Daisy and Grace had an absolute ball and took a variety of pictures of their favourite stalls around the market - I'll post the less blurry ones later on this week.  In the meantime, I will try and fathom out the perfect packing technique for my market forays - I think a list may be in order next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment