Wednesday 13 March 2013

Oh, I love the sound of breaking glass...not!

An eventful few days have passed for little old me.  I took my girls to Bath on Sunday to check out the Artisan Market (a new monthly feature at Green Park in Bath).  It was jam-packed with gorgeous stalls and rosy-faced stall-holders - there have been warmer Mothering Sundays!  Although the day had been slow for some the general feedback was that this is a market still in it's infancy and will surely grow (so long as they stick to their ethos of all things being hand-made/vintage).  On the plus side it is under cover (but not indoors) and the atmosphere was uber friendly as well as the products being delightful and (for the foodies) delicicous!  So, I have made my decision... and I'm going to apply to hold a stall there (not every month but perhaps 3 or 4 dates before the end of the year!).

Then, I received an email via Etsy... I've only gone and got myself a commission!  From the USA.  Wow!  Now, I have done commissions before and they have been well received (naturally) but shipping out to the US is a whole different ball-game - especially when you are talking MIRRORS!  Yup, a mirror will be loaded onto a van, then a plane (via some dodgy airport truck) and then onto another van (in another country) and hopefully to my customer's door in one gorgeous, luscious, beachy piece!  Suffice to say, I do not have a great deal of faith in 'shipping' and have heard some stories that would make your toes curl - packages being kicked across the floor etc (not good, not good at all).  So, it is with a great deal of joy but also a degree of trepidation that I have entered into this 'transaction' with my new transatlantic customer.  I'm hoping for a bit of luck and the most amazing following wind to ensure my 'baby' makes it across the pond intact - fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment