Monday 25 March 2013

Take Good Care of My Baby!

Phew!  I have finally completed my commissioned driftwood and shell mirror and it is now ready to be shipped (airmailed) to the US.  I am absolutely delighted with the finished product and will be sad to see it go but, happy that it's going to a loving home; there is a space already ear-marked for it on my client's wall - indeed, it has been made-to-measure.  In fact, in just a couple of days, this darling driftwood mirror will be sitting in it's new abode several thousands of miles away from where it is sat right now - amazing!  So please couriers "Take good care of my baby on her journey across the Pond.".

55/56cm squared driftwood and shell mirror

Commissions aside, I am trying to get into decoupage mode with a view to creating some more keyring hearts and heart magnets as well as some jolly bunting.  I say 'trying' because the weather in the UK has been less than spring-like just recently and I'm finding it difficult to imagine we'll ever get to see the sunshine again!  We're lucky, living in Wiltshire, in that it has simply been bitingly cold but most parts of the UK are currently under several inches/feet of snow and worse still there are areas without any power!  The reason I'm keen to get on is that I'm hoping to take a stall at the Bath Artisan market in a couple of months - when the sun will be shining and people will be dizzy with the heady scent of spring about them.  My husband thinks I'm crazy but I really do love the buzz of these markets and it's fun to meet fellow craftspeople face to face every now and then, as well as getting direct feedback from the buying public!  If I manage to make a few pennies and cover my stall and travel costs all the better!


No comments:

Post a Comment