Sunday 21 April 2013

Turned Out Nice Again!

I have been very British these past three weeks in that I am suffering with the worst cold in years and soldiering on with a stiff upper lip...well, after a fashion.  That said, my temper has been short, my skin is a mess and my poor family have had to put up with me coughing, sneezing and wheezing in equal measure - and don't even get me started on sinuses!  I haven't even lost weight (often a consolation for me when I'm ill) because I have fed my cold with gusto.  Hey ho!

Thus, my motivation to do anything more than simply 'exist' has been somewhat lacking.  Only today have I got around to finishing off some lovely decoupage bunting with a layer of varnish.  My Dennis the Menace key rings got a brief and cursive look from me (they don't deserve it - they're lovely) and will have to wait another day for their loving sanding and base coat.  So, I am feeling guilty as well as poorly.

On the plus side, the weather has finally perked up here in the UK and this weekend I got well and truly stuck into my gardening.  I even managed to catch a bit of sun on my tired old face and the warmth of it on my palid skin felt invigorating and life-affirming.  Consequently, I am facing this next week with a smile and the promise of Spring along with a desire to be significantly more productive than I have been so far this April.  It is amazing how the weather can impact on one's mood.  I hear it's turning chilly again towards the end of next week (Joy!) so best make the most of the next few days while we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment