Sunday 12 May 2013

A Rain Day in Bath? Not at Green Park!

Well, today started out just peachy!  Glorious sunshine, barely a breath of wind and just a whisper of cloud on the horizon...it was not to last!
 
We arrived at Green Park, my daughter (Daisy) and I, a touch frazzled, having taken one too many wrong turns through the maze that is Bath!  I ended up mounting the pavement (deliberately) and unloading the car (Betty Flower) at the steps to the entrance of Green Park Station - I was desperate and frantic, "Challenge me for being such a rebel ... IF YOU DARE!" - nobody did!  My daughter was chilled and just going with the flow...she has been my leveller the whole day.
 
So, we get our stuff unpacked.  We stand and look at it.  Daisy gets the chairs set up (priorities)!  I look at it some more.  I realise I did not need to bring along a trestle table after all.  Daisy asks if it's time for a snack yet - it has just turned 9.00am.  We munch on some dried mango (tastes better than it sounds!).  We both look at the stall.  We look at each other.  We grin and blow each other a kiss and say "I love you!".  We finally get down to business and start setting up our stall.
Driftwood and Debris at BAM!
 
A blurry helper at rear of stall
 
The Vintage Hearts yielded loads of interest!
 
Bluebells from the garden added a freshness to the display and some glorious scent too!
The day was chilly and the weather went from fine to grey to grizzle and drizzle.  I gave out a few business cards and flyers and have already had a mention on another blog and 2 new 'likers' on my Facebook page.  I managed to cover my costs (just) and met a bunch of lovely fellow stall holders - ALL way more experienced than me but more than happy to share their knowledge and experience.  For me, it is a lovely way to spend the day (so long as my costs are covered) and any profit is a bonus.  My DH thinks I'm a nutcase but does his best to understand...and he spends his leisure time catching fish and putting them back!
 
That's by-the-by though, I was fired up enough to want to give it another go and feeling mildly confident about June.  The weather can surely only get better, can't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment