Thursday 16 May 2013

Keep it Simple Stupid!

A few days on from the Bath Artisan Market and I am feeling more positive than I did on Sunday.  Boy!  Was it chilly or what - it's the middle of May for Pete's sake!  Trade was slow but I did cover my costs and got some feedback and so hope to do better next month!

Lovely but, perhaps, a touch too busy?  I vow to be more 'organised' in future!

With June in mind (early June mind) I'm hoping the tourists will be out and the weather will be a whole lot more clement!  I will be creating a few more items - Pooh Bear, Dennis the Menace, and perhaps some vintage Peter and Jane pieces too.  Also working on 'point of sale' (POS) since I think my stall may be gorgeous but, perhaps, a touch too busy (like an advert wanting to squash too much in!) so that my dear clientele can actually see exactly what it is I have to offer!  I should be good at this (given my advertising background) but I am so close to it I do find it difficult to step back and take an objective stance!  I have, therefore, decided to have a few practise runs and invest in some POS shelves/staging - I hope it pays off!

What was is Sir Robert the Bruce said?  "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again!".  Will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment