Wednesday 21 December 2011

The Shortest Day


Haw frost berries

So, here it is, the shortest day.  Dull, wet and dreary.  From tomorrow the days will be getting longer and Spring will soon be upon us.  We still await the worst of the weather though, and Christmas and the New Year celebrations are looming ever closer.  In the meantime, I have a number of workshops lined up to brighten up even the dullest day and bring a few Summer memories out for a good airing.  I plan to take the family down to the beach over the Christmas break for a big driftwood and shell gathering-session, so that I have plenty of material for the workshops.   Since I have to wash and scrub and dry the lot before it can be used, the next few weeks are going to be very busy.  I also need to build up some stock as I'm planning to attend a few fayres and fetes in 2012 where I hope to sell some of my products and perhaps do a bit of networking along the way.  It all seems a long way off but the reality is that the New Year is just days away - yikes!  I'd better get my skates on!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment