Thursday 29 December 2011

On the Beach Mid-Winter


The beach in mid-winter

I have had an amazing day's beach-combing today.  I did intend to take my family along but the forecast was none too pretty so it was just me and the dog (Simla).  We pitched up at low tide and the pickings were good.  Great gnarly pieces of wood, some odd bits of sea-washed pine cones, the odd bit of distressed painted wood (from a hut or boat maybe), and a mass of pretty shells.  It wasn't busy on the beach but I met a keen photographer walking his rather rotund Labrador - he was there taking advantage of the inclement weather "...the best time of day and weather for the most dramatic pictures!".  I just had my camera-phone with me but I think I got some goodies.  Take a look and see for yourself!



Had to put this little fella back!

Beautiful Seaweed






No comments:

Post a Comment