Tuesday 31 January 2012

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart!

Nearly done!

What shall we put where?
I'm enjoying a nice relaxing birthday today (age?...irrelevant!) following Driftwood and Debris' first workshop of 2012 yesterday.  I was initially rather nervous since the group I was 'guiding' were people a generation or two above me.  Kids, I can handle, but my experience with this age group is somewhat limited.  I took a deep breath and strode in all smiles and mock-confidence.  I don't know what I was worried about, the participants were really lovely and soon completely enthralled with the process of creating their own unique driftwood and shell mirrors.  The mood was relaxed and friendly and it was lovely to see the smiles and twinkling eyes as people sat back and admired their creations.  I think I'm going to enjoy these workshops as much as those taking part  - it's a real pleasure seeing the delight and fascination in the eyes of those taking part (heartwarming, you might say) and then a cheery 'thank you!' at the end makes for a very satisfying afternoon.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment