Tuesday 15 November 2011

Trial and Error

I hand delivered one of my mirrors today, since I was heading that way anyway, and it turns out the gentleman who bought it is engaged to an old work colleague of mine.  He makes and designs jewellery and had some beautiful stuff on display in his workshop.  I picked his brains a little vis a vis starting out in business and some of the mistakes I have already made.  For a start, following a visit to a couple of shops and even more websites, I now know I am seriously under-charging for my work.  My packaging also needs some work, since the mirrors and stars are a little fragile - my husband is working on this with me and we are just about there with an affordable solution.  I'm also experimenting with alternative materials as a base to the mirrors and stars - so far, I have tried MDF (9mm and 12mm) and foam board (for the stars), lightweight but quite sturdy and relatively easy to cut.  The results of recent work are pictured below...
 Lucky stars

Super duper star (approx 60cm wide)
  
A selection of mirrors and stars - each completely unique!


2 comments:

  1. I love them all ..... You clever lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It worked...want to see more of your fab creations though!

    ReplyDelete